Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My favorite broccoli recipe

In an attempt to add more veggies to my diet I am doing a recollection of my favorite veggie friendly recipes, this next one is by far the yummiest way to eat broccoli! I can sit with a whole bowl and munch on it like its a bag of chips. This recipe comes from a cookbook of Asian recipes and let me tell you, some of my favorite recipes come from here.



Stir-Fried  Broccoli

Ingredients:

2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium heads of broccoli, cut into florets
2 tbsp soy sauce - I use more so feel free to add more if you are into soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp superfine sugar
1 tsp grated fresh ginger root - Again, I go crazy with this one because I love the ginger taste
1 garlic clove, crushed
Pinch of hot chile flakes
1 tsp toasted sesame seeds, to garnish

Preparation:

In a large skillet or wok heat the oil until almost smoking. Throw the broccoli in and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar, ginger root, garlic, garlic, and hot chile flakes. Add the mixture to the broccoli and cook over gentle heat moving constantly for 2 or 3 minutes.

Put on a serving dish and garnish with sesame seeds and serve immediately.

Hope you love this as much as I do!

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment