Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Bib of 2012


So the idea of this is to keep track of my running progress throughout 2012! A race per month that is and as I said in my last post, ideally a half marathon per month, except for October & November when I'm running marathons. After only 7 5 weeks of training I ran my first half of the year.

Yesterday I ran the Red Nose Half Marathon in Columbus, GA... A FREE race organized by the Columbus Running Club, FREE = No Medal, but hey, it was a certified course! I finished in 2:27 which is 6 minutes faster than my last half... but my last half was almost 2 years ago. What I ambition? I ambition to finish this year doing the Vegas Rock N' Roll half in the 1:50s. My accomplishment thus far? Running the entire distance! I am thrilled that I didn't walk other than at the water stations while drinking water :)

I hope these races keep me motivated and my training going, next weekend I run the Museum of Aviation Half and can't wait to get my medal!

Upcoming races per month:


  • January - Red Nose Half Marathon / Museum of Aviation Half Marathon
  • February - Tybee Island Half Marathon
  • March - Publix Half Marathon - Atlanta
  • April - TBD
  • May - Pensacola Half Marathon
  • June - TBD
  • July - Napa 2 Sonoma Half Marathon
  • August - Chicago Triathlon
  • September - TBD
  • October - Chicago Marathon
  • November - Solar Eclipse Marathon - Australia
  • December - Vegas Rock N' Roll Half Marathon
As you can see I have a few months that I still need to find races for but most of my year is planned out, I might throw a few 10Ks & Sprint Triathlons in there to add some excitement to the off weekends but those are the MUST DO races.

If you have any other races you would recommend feel free to comment, I would love to hear suggestions!

Until next post!
CM

No comments:

Post a Comment