Friday, April 15, 2011

Feta Tabbouleh - Vegetarian

As I mentioned in a previous post I have been doing a 21 day vegetarian challenge. I have kept up with it and surprisingly it has been extremely easy. I am amazed of how much I do NOT need or eat meat at all, it is not hard to make vegetarian choices even when eating out and if it gets tough you always have fish or sushi.

What I've been doing is prepping my veggies the moment I buy them, I put them into ziplock containers and they last forever and my fridge looks extremely organize (tip for my OCD friends out there). The first recipe I will post is one of my favorites, I have added yummy spices and even though I put salt "to taste" you can absolutely go without.



Ingredients:

1 cup of dry bulgur wheat
1/2 cup of scallions
2 cups seeded diced plom tomatoes
2 cups chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 cups seeded diced cucumber
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup chopped fresh mint
4 tpsp fresh lemon juice
4 tpsp olive oil
Salt to taste (optional)

Directions:

Cook Bulgur according to package directions, drain and set aside to cool off. In a large bowl combine bulgur, tomatoes, parsley, scallions, cucumber, feta, mint; toss well and add lemon juice and olive oil. I did not add salt to mine and the herbs and lemon juice add plenty of flavor making this dish a very healthy one. Put in the fridge and chill until ready to serve!

Voila!

CM




No comments:

Post a Comment