Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It's been good getting to know me more



It's funny how without knowing, when in a relationship, we stop doing things, hanging out with friends, etc. I am not complaining, but it is not until it's over that you realize how much you neglected other things and relationships in your life.

I guess your priorities change because you really like spending time with that special someone, but is it healthy? It is so hard to balance relationships and friends, no wonder your whole world comes crumbling down when you are no longer with that person. I particularly didn't know what to do with myself; in our case we texted, chatted and talked throughout the day for every silly thing and I really didn't know how to live without him.

Now I find myself reading more, catching up on the shows I like, I am taking painting lessons the moment I get back home and I signed up for 2 races already! I am going back to the things that I loved doing but that neglected because I loved spending time with him.

I am sure he feels the same way and he is back to all the things and relationships that he neglected as well. To me these are the things that make this transition easier, the bright side, the blessings in disguise!

2 comments:

  1. I have thought of these things sooo much (so long ago though) and I am happy to have gone through that stage and to be able to coment on what lies on the other side. I trully beieve it is jut a step to finding love. You see, there is no way you would have found out how much you were neglecting things until you wake up one day and you realize it´s just you for the rest of the road. Cultivate what makes you who you are, and cherish those things with all your heart. I bet you will learn to not let go of those things, people or circumstances ever again, for the sake of protecting who you are.
    True love is mature, it knows the importance of making you grow as an individual, and pushes you to do so. It HAS to, because it will -inevitably- face challenges that wil require you to be ¨your full blown you¨ in order to overcome them. True love relies on you to know yourself and give the appropriate importance to your individuality.
    It will come and find you only when you are ready, when you are a fierce protector of yourself and the itty bitty piieces of life that make you who you are: writing, running, eating healthy, reading, learning, cutivating friends...
    You are on your way my dear!!!! Make it worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friend! I love you and I am very grateful to have you as my friend =)

    ReplyDelete